Friday 16 February 2007

Promises, promises

I caught a bit of the "great debate" between Iemma and Debnam on the ABC tonight. I saw maybe two minutes here and two minutes there in between chasing the monkey around the house on a destruction limiting mission.

Iemma does not impress me. I always think he is trying to hard when he speaks to the media. Visions of a cork up his bum disturb my sleep. He puffs out his chest like a pigeon and turns sideways a bit and talks like a .... I don't know what. I don't like it.

Debnam has this wonderful policy of wanting to cut 20,000 public servants. I think he is mad - he should be trying to cut about double that number. I have yet to walk into a government office without getting the feeling that the place would run a lot better if every second person was given a pink slip. People seem to be tripping over each other as they wander around on meaningless missions. Even better, whole buildings or departments could simply be shut and their functions abolished. That's the trouble with the Libs these days - they don't think big enough.

No comments: