Thursday 1 October 2009

Time lapse - two versions

I have been playing with Picasa and trying out the various features that lurk under the hood. It's easy to take snapshots from a video, then turn them into a timelapse video. I've produced two versions of half my ride - one that lasts 12 seconds and one that goes for a minute. They both show that most of my trip into town is done either in bike lanes or on dedicated bike paths - a nice, safe route. And where I am on the road, there are very few cars.







Yes, I do tend to encounter a lot of prams when going around the Bay. Most of the pram pushers are considerate, and keep to the left, but as in every group of people, there are always the idiots that sit in the middle of the path, or meander back and forth like a drunk, or who walk 2 or 3 abreast and take up all the available road space. (Disclosure - and yes, I have pushed a pram around this path a few times, so I know what it's like - and how easy it is in most cases to stay out of the way of everybody else).

No comments: