Wednesday 30 September 2009

So much for coldening

Too damned cold and windy to be bothered getting out of bed on Sunday.

31 degrees when I rode into town this morning (I left late, owing to an appointment with a tradesman). Hardly a breath of air. I expected to be sweating like a rather hot pig on arrival at work, but that was not to be. It was 31 and dry - most unexpected in Sydney. Normally, it's 31 degrees and the humidity is around 137%.

One thing about riding through winter is that I have maintained a tan all year round. Well, not a full body tan - more a cocky's tan. Brown forearms. Brown legs, but white feet. White everywhere else. Completely different to the kind of tan that you get lying on a beach in your budgie smugglers. All around me are pasty white people, who have spent the winter surrounded by numerous layers of warm things, but I think that is about to change.

No comments: