Saturday 20 October 2007

Spring cycle

Tomorrow is Spring Cycle day, which involves lots of people riding from North Sydney to Homebush. There's a variety of distances that you can do, and I'm taking the 50km option. By the time I ride to the start, then do the ride, then ride home, it will probably be an 80-90km day. Might take about 4 hours to knock that off. The hardest thing is dealing with all the bicycle traffic jams. I did it two years ago, and there were spots where you'd have a blob of 300 cyclists trying to get through a gap two feet wide. Chaos.

I am going to do my best to get up early and be at the start around take-off time. That's the only way to avoid the hordes of slow moving once a month cyclists. I have a can of flat Coke in the fridge for breakfast. What a way to start the morning.

No comments: