Tuesday 30 October 2007

Scum of the internet

I was having a look around eBay recently with the aim of getting another digital camera. I already have a Canon Ixus, and I want another one. Or two.

You can currently get an Ixus 70 at Hardly Normal for $288. That's about $40 less than it was last month, and about $200 less than it was when it first came out. I suspect it is on its last legs as far as models go. Canon will be shoving 9 megapixel cameras as the entry level model before long.

I found the Ixus 70 offered by one seller at $245, with a $55 postage fee. Another offered one for $260 with a $39 postage fee.

I don't care whether you are sending an item like that from Antarctica via the Space Shuttle - it does not cost $55 to post a camera that fits into your glove. I know that it fits into my glove, as I stuck it into my ski glove when I was skiing.

The postage of course raises the price to $300, which means I will be wandering down to Hardly Normal (as soon as the knee clears up) and sticking a new camera on the credit card.

I hate these eBay shennanigans.

No comments: