Friday 19 October 2007

Not bus-ting a gut

What is it with public transport in this city? Most afternoons, I wander down to George St and it takes only a few minutes for a bus to turn up and take me home. Except for yesterday, when it took 40 minutes before a bus turned up with my number on it. Dozens of other buses turned up, but none were going my way. I started to suspect that maybe the drivers on my route had gone on strike, since at least 4 or 5 buses should have arrived within that time frame. I get mighty suspicious when I see lots of other buses picking people up, but none with a particular number.

I can't wait to get back on my bike. None of this waiting around rubbish. You get on and you go. Yes, there can be holdups all the way to Darling Harbour thanks to stupid pedestrians and bad traffic, but at least you don't have to wait to be picked up. And if it is a slow trip home, that is entirely my fault.

I can see why a favourite past time for rioters is burning buses. I feel like doing it every week or so.

No comments: