Friday 26 February 2010

Idiots

Why is it that when you provide people with acres of footpath to stand on, out of thousands of people, two cock-eyed idiots will choose to stand right at the very spot where lots of bikes are making the transition from road to path?

The way we get from road to path is via what I call "pram ramps" - call them what you like, they are ramps cut into the kerb that allow you to go from one grade to another without having to leap like a salmon. There aren't a lot of them around, so bikes are funneled into them and when there are a lot of you, there is an urge to get through the pinch point as rapidly as possible so that your fellow cyclists can zip through as well before the lights change.

All was well, apart from these two idiots standing right in the very spot where cyclists disgorge onto the Pyrmont Bridge. One of them gave me a look that said, "I know I am standing in a stupid spot, but I don't care". I should have run over his foot.


No comments: