- Met dero couple. Between the two of them, they didn't have a full set of teeth. Most upper front teeth on both missing - could have a tonguey without opening their mouths. Age - 37. Looked 60+. Woman half my height, twice my weight. Bloke skinny as a rake. Wore cowboy hat indoors at all times.
- Met lesbian. Last bloke she bonked was my brother-in-law.
- Heard about school affairs. Lesbian took up with English teacher whilst 15 or so. Another girl took up with the History teacher. Not seen as out of the ordinary.
- Wife beating - considered nothing much, so long as woman throws the first punch
- Read local paper that morning. Cops nabbed a bloke who did a runner and smashed up his new Commodore. Turns out he had pulled an armed robbery on the local RSL and made off with twenty grand. Part of that was spent on the Commodore. Brother-in-law fixed the brakes two days before prang. Thanked the Lord he was paid in cash before cops got the robber.
- Robbers pay better than hospitals. Much complaining about town idiot who was doing something important for the local state health service. Took them two years to pay brother-in-law for servicing the health service cars. Dairy no longer supplying milk to hospital due to unpaid bills.
- Height of fashion - being seen in jeans with a pair of KT26's.
- Many drunken cries of "get faaaarked, you old bastard"
- Saw more mullets and rat's tails in one round of drinks that a year in Sydney
- 50% of locals smoke
- Height of fashion - board shorts for a formal dinner
- Pub dinner - unidentifiable, stringy meat and three veg boiled in a bag, doused with grey gravy
- Pub sold beer bottles that need a bottle opener to open, but could not find bottle opener
- J discovered that not one, but two of her associates are serving time in prison
- Height of fashion - middle aged woman wearing billowing pants. Drunken bloke at bar asks, "What happens when you fart?" Even I cracked up at that. You'd have to see the pants to understand.
- Got better food and coffee in Junee than Five Dock
- When did people stop drinking coffee with chicory?
Tuesday, 9 June 2009
Notes made after a night at the pub with the in-laws:
Badly proofread by Boy on a bike at Tuesday, June 09, 2009