Tuesday 25 March 2008

Sink of despair

When in Canberra, we loafed in a rather nice serviced apartment just a short walk from the Manuka shops. The apartment complex was alright, apart from the unheated "heated" pool, the frigid air conditioning, the million steps in all directions and the car park that was impossible to get out of.



What really ticked me off was the stupid sink in our bathroom. Take a look at it - it's about as flat as your average dinner plate. Whenever I turned on the tap, water did not run into the sink. It ran down the slightly curving edge of the sink, across the plughole and straight out the other side. I forgot to add that just slightly nudging the tap was enough to propel a Niagara like torrent of water from the spout - it was so strong, it blew the toothpaste off my toothbrush everytime I tried to moisten it before brushing the fangs.

Chalk that one up for an immensely stupid design decision.

No comments: