Monday 9 July 2007

Gloves

I have been trying (without success) to buy some brightly coloured cycling gloves from my local bike shops. I keep getting fobbed off with the excuse that "the manufacturers only make them in blue and black, so that's all we stock".

Watching Le Tour though, that statement appears to be bollocks. I had a quick look at the front of the pelleton today and noted that all of the riders had white, yellow or orange gloves - which is what I want.

Why is it ok for those guys to wear bright colours (obviously in their team colours) but not ok for shops to sell them? I want a bright pair so that they stand out, particularly after dark. When I indicate that I am turning right, I don't want some dickhead car driver to try and overtake me just as I turn right across his bows. The result could be quite painful - for me.

No comments: