Sunday 4 March 2007

Tomorrow is Monday

Tomorrow is Monday, meaning a back on the bike day. Last week was a bit slack - I only just scraped in 100km over a three day period. One day was taken up with a laundry run, and the other with a job interview (ie, I had to wear a suit and look good, so I caught a lift into town).

Wearing a suit for the first time in ages convinced me of one thing - I want a job where sweating doesn't feel miserably uncomfortable. I don't mind being hot and sweaty - the office is currently 29 degrees and if the fan was not on, I'd be sitting in a puddle. I ride twice a day, and generally arrive at my destination wet as. I don't mind working hard in the hot sun - if you're wearing appropriate clothing. For some reason, I find suit pants to be the most horribly uncomfortable item of clothing once the temperature goes over about 22 degrees. They are hideous. They are an iron maiden of discomfort. Putting on a jacket is even worse. I don't know how I would have coped in the 1930's.

Anyway, tomorrow being Monday, I will be trying to crawl out of bed by 6.30am in readiness for a 40km day. I need to be up early at the moment as we are in a "hot" spell, and I prefer to ride just after dawn whilst it is still fairly cool. There's just one problem - after a weekend at the pool, my legs are killing me. Normally, I have the weekend off to let the legs relax and recover. At the moment, they are anything but. It's going to be an interesting week leg-wise. I would like to crack 160km - there is no reason why I can't, buggerance aside. I just have to try not to fade when home is almost within sight.

No comments: