Monday 16 March 2009

The recession we're about to have

Apart from stocking up on once-was-expensive Australian red wine that can't find a market in the now poverty stricken US, it might also be time to fill the house with French antique furniture. Avenue Joffre in Rozelle is hanging on, but our local French retailer, Cote Maison, has bitten the dust.


J waited until the last moment, and then pounced like a vulture (do vultures pounce?) in search of a cupboard or desk of some sort for the bedroom. I don't pretend to understand these things. Something for the nicknacks. A frippery. I just stuff my socks and jocks into the Ikea wardrobe, and pile my unread books on the floor. Which gets me into lots of trouble.


I fear this could be our next source of furniture though.


Kevin Rudd's idea of "recycling".

No comments: