Wednesday 20 February 2008

Segway

Haven't seen too many of these things around. This bloke was unloading his from a neat little carry thing on the back of his car as I drove past. His movements were a bit jerky, so I suspect he might have had some sort of motor-neuron thingy, which would explain the use of a Segway around town.



It barely took him any time at all to unload the Segway, mount up and shoot through. I barely had time to do a U-turn, pull out the camera and grab a snap before he was off.

I still remember the hype that was generated before these things were released. And look at them now - how many are around? Stuff all. They never took the world by storm as expected.

3 comments:

K.B. said...

Have seen them round at Homebush Olympic site a fair bit and with the help of Google....

http://www.segwaytours.com.au/tours.shtml

Anonymous said...

I actually waked past that car the other morning and wondered what the tailbit was for, since it didn't look like it was for a wheelchair.

Boy on a bike said...

I noticed this morning that the parking spot in question is a disabled one, so maybe this bloke is using the Segway as an upright wheelchair of sorts?