Wednesday 18 April 2012

Oh not, not you again - extended remix

Add caption
 I'm telling you, this woman is stalking me. We're crossing paths much too often for it to be a coincidence.


I see lots of cyclists on the Anzac Bridge, and plenty of walkers and joggers - but not often do you see a pram.


I put a lot of effort into being comfortable. You might find that a bit strange, given that I choose to ride a bike without springs or shock absorbers and on high pressure tyres less than an inch wide. And I ride regardless of the weather or the road conditions. However, my bike is professionally sized and fitted - I spent several hours on a stand in the bike shop having parts swapped out and various angles and dimensions adjusted. It's been tailored to my body and its peculiarities so that I can cycle long distances with minimal discomfort and stress whilst offering maximum power.

The clown above though did none of that. I have never seen such an uncomfortable cyclist. He was all style over substance, riding a fixie with the most ridiculous handlebars you could find anywhere. This photo doesn't do it justice, but it looked like it hurt just to sit on that bike. Some people are idiots - victims of fashion. I pity the fool.


Hey - clear skies. Haven't seen that for a while.


A bloke in a canoe on the Bay.


And here he is again, in widescreen.

And now for something different. On weekdays, the dominant cyclist is the commuter. They come in all shapes and sizes, and they tend to be encumbered with back packs or panniers and they ride all sorts of bikes. Come the weekends, the commuters have a sleep in and the fitness nuts emerge for long, early morning training rides. I latched onto the back of these two on Saturday morning and hung on for a quick spin down to the Rocks. It was an ...... experience. Let me just leave it at that.

No comments: