Friday 26 September 2008

I meet drivers like this on almost every ride

Poor bastard - and I'm talking about the dead cyclist.

I had one idiot overtake me from behind today in the middle of a roundabout, which is about as stupid and illegal as it gets. He was simply in a hurry to get somewhere and didn't want to wait another 2 or 3 seconds for me to clear the roundabout. I had to brake and get out of the way, as he left me a gap of about 6 inches between his car and the kerb.

So if you ever wonder why some cyclists get right out into the middle of the road as they approach roundabouts, it is simply to block idiots from passing when it's as dangerous as all buggery. They're not being impolite - they're just trying to stay alive. If you want to blame anyone, blame the idiot drivers that have brought us to this point.

No comments: